Published on January 20th, 2015 | by admin0
Different Ways to Fix a Laptop Battery Not Charging
Laptops are very efficient when it comes to helping you with your task, but they also run into a few problems every now and then. There may be numerous reasons why your laptop can encounter troubles when charging. The first thing, you should do, is to examine the outlet, as well as the cord, and also check the connection because these are the problems that can easily be identified and can be fixed easily.
If you tried these and your laptop is still not working, you may resort to changing the settings of your laptop or reset its battery management. If all else fails, you may just have to replace the laptop battery
How do you fix your laptop battery not charging?
• This is called a quick troubleshooting. You unplug your laptop and then plug it into another outlet different from the first one you have tried.
• The next step is to examine the cord and check if there are tears, dents, or other problems and defects. If you notice anything wrong with it, then it’s time to purchase a new cord.
• You should check if the cord is attached to your device. And if it feels loose then there is a problem with how your cord connects. You should remove debris and other heavy dust from the cord or take your laptop to a repair shop.
• Shut your laptop down, unplug it from the outlet and remove the battery. Wait for a few moments and put the battery back in then restart.
• Let your laptop cool down if the battery feels too hot.
Changing the settings for Windows laptop
• Check your settings regarding your laptop’s power. Your setting may indicate a low battery level that is set to be too high which can shut your laptop down instead of charge. Just restore it to the default settings.
• If the laptop battery is still not charging, check the Device Manager in your Control Panel or you could also look at the Batteries settings and expand it. Update the driver software and just follow the instructions given as you update it.
• Shut it down and start it up again so as for the update to take effect.
• If it is still not working, try uninstalling it and installing it again.
Changing the settings for Macintosh laptop
• You should check the settings by opening your Systems Preferences. Choose Energy Saver and check the different tabs because a setting set in sleep can produce battery charging problems.
• Reset your System Management, for it controls your battery management and status.
If your battery is connected properly and you have tried everything, but it still not working, you should definitely go to a repair shop because it is something you can’t repair by yourself anymore. There may be a charge given to you, but it will surely address the problem and fix your laptop as well. Important documents and other files may be lost but what’s important is your device is functioning well again.